01/07/2020 by Carney Sandoe Staff | Conferences
Register Now for FORUM/Diversity 2020
Do you want to be part of the largest combined DEI and hiring event for educators and schools?
Then you need to register now for FORUM/Diversity, Carney Sandoe's annual event that supports educators and independent schools in their commitment to diversity. This two-day event welcomes hundreds of schools and job seekers from around the country who share an interest and dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
Taking place January 31 and February 1 in Philadelphia, the forum is one part faculty hiring event and one part professional development symposium:
- Through consecutive 30-minute interview periods throughout the day, job seekers can interview with multiple schools from across the country who are hiring for a variety of teaching and administrative positions.
- At the same time, attendees can immerse themselves in meaningful professional development sessions essential for today's educators led by top education experts and DEI practitioners.
This year's theme is “Building Bridges: Connecting in Disconnected Times,” and our two renowned keynote speakers will surely inspire us to close the gaps of inequality or injustice we see within our communities. We are pleased to welcome Dr. Dena Simmons, Assistant Director of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, and Dr. Anthony Jack, Assistant Professor of Education at Harvard University and author of “The Privileged Poor” to our event. Read more about our keynote speakers here.
FORUM/Diversity offers a variety of professional development programming that allows job seekers, educators, and allies in independent schools to come together, reflect on their individual experiences, and learn from each other. The ultimate goals is to equip attendees with knowledge, skills, and inspiration to improve and enhance the interracial, interethnic, and intercultural climate in their schools. View the schedule of the extraordinary slate of sessions and workshops held by educational leaders and diversity practitioners from across the country.
This year, we're excited to feature workshops from the inaugural grant recipients of the MCRC@ADVIS/Carney Sandoe Equity in Action Grant: Pushing for Progress in Our Communities. Together with ADVIS, this past summer we awarded funding to three educators from ADVIS member schools for their work on DEI topics in independent schools. Many have already presented their projects at regional and national conferences, and we are thrilled for their debut to the Carney Sandoe community.
Ready to register? We break down your options.
For job seekers and educators:
- To attend both the hiring portion and the professional development, current CS&A candidates can register in CandidateConnect. (You must be an active CS&A candidate to attend the hiring portion, so apply to become a candidate now if you're not one already.)
- To attend only the professional development workshops, register here.
Both options above are free. Yay!
For hiring schools:
- Schools who work with CS&A can register in ORM.
- New to CS&A? Contact Kim Garner, Director of Conferences.
Learn more about the event, check out a recap from last year's event, and browse the speakers and schedule here. Or watch the video below. We hope to see you in Philly!
There are no comments on this blog entry.