On The PilotEd Podcast with Kyra Kellawan, Lawrence Alexander talks about how schools and educators need to start actively practicing allyship in order to eradicate structural racism.Listen
You want a trusted guide for your school's diversity and inclusion journey.
CS&A draws from our more than 40-year history of working with schools and educational organizations to offer consulting services in the important and ever-growing area of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) work. Wherever your organization may be in terms of its cultural competency work or its diversity and inclusion efforts, we would welcome the opportunity to facilitate a deeper level of understanding and growth with your team.
Partnering with Schools to Build Inclusive Communities
- Implicit bias training for boards, search committees, and admission committees
- Increasing cultural competence among faculty and administrators
- Delivering workshops and keynotes for students regarding issues of equity, inclusion, and justice
- Conducting campus climate surveys for inclusivity
- Coaching for heads of school and school leadership on recruiting, hiring, and transitioning Directors of Equity and Inclusion
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Consulting Practice is led by consultant Lawrence Alexander, a leader in and passionate advocate for DEI work in independent schools.
• Former Director of Diversity and Inclusion and Director of College Counseling at White Mountain School (NH):
• Lead the D&I steering committee
• Advised the Diversity Club and Students of Color affinity group
• Facilitated the school’s participation at the NAIS People of Color Conference
• Presently engaged in a three-year DEI project with East Woods School, NY:
• Training faculty on implicit bias
• Auditing the curriculum for inclusivity
• Creating capacity in the student community around equity and inclusion work
• Leading implicit bias training with the CS&A staff
CS&A Diversity Mission Statement
At Carney, Sandoe & Associates, we are committed to the importance of increasing equity, diversity, and inclusion – both within our own organization and among the educational communities with whom we partner.
Cognizant of our ability to reach a wide variety of schools, teachers, and educational leaders, it is our goal to provide educators with resources that help foster diverse & inclusive environments. We aim to facilitate continued learning and to encourage valuable networking opportunities.