02/04/2020 by Carney Sandoe Staff | Conferences
5 Reasons to Attend FORUM/Boston
Our hometown conference is our biggest hiring-specific event each year, attracting hundreds of schools and candidates to connect with one another and pursue exciting job opportunities.
FORUM/Boston is a two-day event, with interviews beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, February 14, at the Westin Copley Place in Boston’s Back Bay. Interviews on the marathon first day last until 5:00 p.m., resuming from 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on Saturday.
What is a hiring conference?
Each conference is a day of consecutive pre-scheduled 30-minute interviews between candidates and schools. Job seekers can potentially interview with many different hiring schools in one day, which makes conferences great opportunities to accelerate your job search.
They are also good opportunities for candidates to network with different types of schools, hone their interview skills, and meet one-on-one with their Placement Team. Most events additionally feature some type of panel presentation on topics relevant to job seekers, like interview tips and resume writing.
What types of schools will be there?
Schools already registered for the event hail from both coasts, the mid-Atlantic, the Midwest, Southwest, and overseas. Many schools come from New England, home to hundreds of independent, private, and boarding schools—including some of the oldest in the nation. The types of schools that populate the New England region run the gamut, from the progressive day schools of the Boston suburbs to the traditional rural boarding schools or Vermont and New Hampshire.
However, since FORUM/Boston is a national recruitment conference, all types of schools from every corner of the country will be represented. If you have a specific geographic preference or if you're looking to explore your options on a wider scale, FORUM/Boston has something for you.
Wondering if you should make the move and register for FORUM/Boston? Here are 5 reasons to sign up right now.
1. Hundreds of schools are ready to meet you. As our largest national hiring-specific event, there is no better concentration of independent schools in the U.S. at any other event outside NAIS.
2. It's a cost-effective use of your time. Interview with multiple hiring schools over two days — for free. Now that's efficient!
3. The odds are in your favor. If you're focused on landing a job, this event is not to be missed. Statistically, more hires are made from FORUM/Boston than any other event.
4. February is the busiest time for hiring. Don't wait to get your foot in the door with schools before it's too late in the hiring season.
5. The Conference Module opened last week! Schools are building their interview schedules with registered candidates, so register now to have your profile available in the Module.
Ready to join us in Boston? Active CS&A candidates can register for free using CandidateConnect.
Not a current candidate? Apply now! You must be an active candidate and in communication with a Placement Associate to attend to our conferences.
There are no comments on this blog entry.