The event also features professional development sessions facilitated by renowned keynote speakers, diversity practitioners, and school leaders. Attendees are given the opportunity to learn best practices and find inspiration from the stories shared and lessons learned.
FORUM/Diversity: CS&A's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We host this conference because of the many common themes that unite even the most disparate independent schools: the need for quality teachers and motivated students, the desire to produce students of integrity as well as intellect, and the tension between progress and tradition. Diversity is an ever-important issue for schools and candidates, an issue that we are committed to through strategies like this event.
When was the 2022 Virtual FORUM/Diversity?
Virtual professional development: January 24-28, 2022
Virtual interviewing: January 27-29, 2022
Typically this event is held in-person in Philadelphia on a weekend in late January.
Who can attend?
Job Seekers: Carney Sandoe recognizes and embraces diversity in all its forms, both seen and unseen — race, age, gender identity, ability, ethnicity, cultural identity, national origin, religion. All CS&A candidates are invited to participate in the interviewing portion of this event. The event is free to attend for candidates.
Not a candidate with us? Complete a job seeker profile here.
What if I only want to attend the professional development?
The professional development is free and open to the public.
FORUM/Diversity Keynote Speaker Archive
- 2022 – Austin Channing Brown
- 2021 – Dr. Monique Morris and Dr. Christopher Emdin
- 2020 – Dr. Anthony Jack and Dr. Dena Simmons
- 2019 – Dr. Michael Eric Dyson and Dr. Peggy McIntosh
- 2018 – Tim Wise
- 2017 – Dr. Cornel West
- 2016 – Reveta Bowers, head of school at the Center for Early Education, and Temba Maqubela, headmaster at The Groton School
- 2015 – Wanda Holland Green, head of school at Hamlin School, and Mark Reed, former head of school of Charlotte Country Day School
Watch select recordings of keynote speakers from past FORUM/Diversity events.