The event also features robust professional development sessions facilitated by renowned keynote speakers, diversity practitioners, and school leaders. Attendees are given the opportunity to learn best practices and find inspiration from the stories shared and lessons learned.
FORUM/Diversity: CS&A's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We believe it's important to host this conference because of the many common themes that unite even the most disparate independent schools: the need for quality teachers and motivated students, the desire to produce students of integrity as well as intellect, and the tension between progress and tradition. Diversity is an ever-important issue for schools and candidates, an issue that we are committed to through strategies like this event.
Who can attend?
Job Seekers: While designed to support educators and administrators from marginalized groups, FORUM/Diversity is open to any active Carney Sandoe candidate. The event is free to attend for candidates.
What if I only want to attend the professional development?
The professional development is free and open to the public.
When is FORUM/Diversity?
With the exception of our 2021 event, FORUM/Diversity is held on a Friday and Saturday at the end of January in Philadelphia. Details on our 2022 event will be announced soon.
FORUM/Diversity Keynote Speaker Archive
- 2021 – Dr. Monique Morris and Dr. Christopher Emdin
- 2020 – Dr. Anthony Jack and Dr. Dena Simmons
- 2019 – Dr. Michael Eric Dyson and Dr. Peggy McIntosh
- 2018 – Tim Wise
- 2017 – Dr. Cornel West
- 2016 – Reveta Bowers, head of school at the Center for Early Education, and Temba Maqubela, headmaster at The Groton School
- 2015 – Wanda Holland Green, head of school at Hamlin School, and Mark Reed, former head of school of Charlotte Country Day School
Watch select recordings of keynote speakers from past FORUM/Diversity events.